Psychologist – Author – Mentor – Speaker
My passion is to enliven heart and mind so that people achieve best performance, health and happiness.
Beginning in community and Indigenous mental health, I soon combined my love of surfing and psychology and became the first psychologist to work globally on the World Surf League. My first book The Surfer’s Mind shares this seminal work.
I have since enjoyed several senior roles within Institutes of Sport, National Sport Organisations, Commonwealth Games Teams, summer and winter Olympic Teams and was Principal Psychologist for the Australian Paralympic Team in Beijing 2008 and London 2012 Games.
My evolution in psychology and life is highly experiential and for 20+ years I have immersed in Eastern and Indigenous wisdom, mindful, heartful play with Mother Nature and much love and insight from several divine teachers. My new book 100 Dawns illuminates this graceful path.
I’m based in Jan Juc, Australia and consult locally and globally on wellbeing, performance and mastery in a broad range of settings.
I deeply appreciate the opportunity to work with you for best performance, achievement, health and happiness…
– Surf Psychologist in private practice since 1999
– Surf Psychologist – World Surf League, Global, 2000-2003
– Surf Psychology Pioneer and Founder – surfpsychology.org
– Performance Psychologist in private practice since 2003
– Author – 100 Dawns – Published February 2018
– Author – The Surfer’s Mind – Published April 2004, reprinted September 2006
– Guest Lecturer – Early Childhood Development, Victoria University, Melbourne, 2017
– Consulting Psychologist – Headspace Youth Mental Health Service, Geelong, 2014-2016
– Consulting Psychologist in private practice – Om Psychology – since 2014
– Principal Psychologist – Australian Paralympic Team, 2012 Paralympic Games, London, UK
– Senior Psychologist – New South Wales Institute of Sport, 2005-2011
– Performance Psychologist – Australian Institute of Sport, 2005-2010
– Performance Psychologist – Olympic Winter Institute of Australia, 2006-2010
– Australian Team Psychologist – 2010 Commonwealth Games, Delhi, India
– Australian Team Psychologist – 2010 Olympic Winter Games, Vancouver, Canada
– Principal Psychologist – Australian Paralympic Team, 2008 Paralympic Games, Beijing, China
– Australian Team Psychologist – 2008 Olympic Games, Beijing, China
– Sport Psychology Lecturer – Australian College of Natural Therapies, Sydney, Australia, 2007
– Australian Team Psychologist – 2006 Commonwealth Games, Melbourne, Australia
– Senior Psychologist – Pathways to Best Practice in Indigenous Mental Health, Portland, Victoria, 1998-1999
– Senior Psychologist – Portland Community Psychiatric Service, South West Healthcare, Victoria, 1997-1999
Education & Qualifications
– Registered Psychologist, AHPRA / Psychology Board of Australia, since August 1999
– Psychology Internship Program – Supervisor: Associate Professor Carol Hulbert PhD, Director Clinical Program and Director Psychology Clinic, The University of Melbourne, 1997-1999
– Advanced Training in the Reiki Method of Natural Healing, Denise & John Crundall USUI SHIKI RYOHO, Life Resource Reiki Centre, Warrnambool, 1997-1998
– Diploma of Solution Oriented Counselling, Centre of Effective Therapy, Melbourne, 1997
– Honors Degree in Psychology, Deakin University, Geelong, 1995
– Bachelor of Arts – Extended Major in Psychology and Major in Sociology, Deakin University, Geelong, 1994
– Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE), Wesley College, Melbourne, 1990
– Elders, family, friends, colleagues and strangers
– My highly spirited and enlightened Labradors
– Mother Nature